Welcome to the Nottingham branch of the
Society for the Protection of Unborn Children
We're just ordinary folk like you, but we gather as part of a national pro-life organisation which works to focus the hearts, minds and actions of civilised society, to support human life endangered by things like:
- embryo research, and
We aim to encourage the respect that all members of the human family deserve, and to support policies that assist those, who even though they might be in difficult circumstances, wish to protect human life.
Our main involvement is in local campaigns and educational work.
We are a voluntary group with no religious affiliation, and are always glad to welcome new members.
Our local activities include:
- talks for schools, college students, churches and other organisations,
- media interviews,
- street information stalls,
- door-to-door and church leafleting,
- an annual "silent witness"event,
- barbecues and other social events
Our talks can cover:
- Embryo research
- Population growth, eugenics etc.
- Euthanasia, living wills etc.
If you want get in touch, see our contact page.
If you want to help out, here are some of the ways you can make a difference.
- Want to help with leafleting? It's a quick and painless way of getting the message of cherishing life to the general public. Most people deliver about 100 leaflets, usually to their own or a nearby street, but you can deliver as many or as few as you wish.
- What about organising a fundraising event: sponsored walk, jumble sale, coffee morning or ...?
- Could you distribute our newspaper, "The Pro-Life Times", perhaps at a place of worship or other organisation?